New president says result is 'a victory over extremism'
- China makes its mark with Times Square ads
- 'US trade bill breaks WTO rules'
- US 'must respect our regional interests'
- Europe tries to present case for its defense
- Taboo subject takes its toll on women
- Countries unite to tackle EU flight tax
- Manila's plan for S. China Sea 'illegal'
- Town ready to welcome return of a special guest
- Putin set for poll triumph
- Finding Genghis Khan's Wall
US President Barack Obama sparred with Russia's Vladimir Putin over how to end the war in Syria on Monday during an icy encounter at a G8 summit where divisions over the conflict eclipsed the rest of the agenda.
Embassies locked down, alerts issued
China's Foreign Ministry asks mine workers to adhere to local laws
Demonstrators chant 'Government, resign!' as riot police withdraw
Vice-premier calls on nations to set goals